Tuesday 7 February 2012

Dr. Seusse and my kid-self


So its midnight and I’ve been reading a lot of Dr. Seusse. I greatly love how he rhymed those words perfectly (especially the Grinch!) “And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”. I remember watching the movie when I was a kid, being nostalgic in a sudden. I still remember when his heart got bigger and bigger and that put a smile on my kid face back then. Oh the joy of youth…
Well, looking back, my mind was pretty normal as a kid, but now, it’s kind of weird (not in a threatening way). Maybe because of over exposure to the movies of Tim Burton (remember the Nightmare before Christmas?) especially SWEENEY TODD with all the gloating of throats and singing about pretty women. And it’s pretty odd I also like Mamma Mia and Fiddler on the roof… hmm.  Maybe I’m not alone…
So, combining my kid-self and my now-self, I mimicked some of Dr. Seusse style and come out with this cursed poem entitled “Red” (Evil laugh*):
There’s a girl in this story, a girl you can’t see.
There’s nothing to worry, she’s gentle as can be.
She wears a red dress, pretty as a rose.
She doesn’t leave mess, just a bit I suppose.
She wears a red ribbon, just above her head.
Her eyes dark and lovely, she can be your pet.
Her hair is long and shiny.
And you’ll see her with no regret.

She likes looking at people, it makes her sane.
If you see her, please don’t hit her with a crane.
She likes you reading this, she likes it a lot.
So you can look behind you… wait… maybe not…

1 comment:

  1. I like the poem! For being impromptu, it's pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete